Monday 30 January 2012

Our land...

I believe that take care of the environmentally is a awareness, these practices maybe begins at home or should begin at school, but more that is a matter of taking charge of their own actions.
In my house in Uruguay for years my family separated the organic and inorganic garbage, but here in Santiago this is difficult because we haven’t garden, however we try to separate the plastic to create “ecoladrillos” and store the milk cartons.
I prefer walking or using a bike instead of using a vehicle (I don´t have any vehicle) but if I had one, I probably consider the use of another fuel alternative, like bio-diesel fuel or another ecological alternative. I strongly believe that if each one of us making a little change to reduce our carbon footprint, it will help to contribute to make a difference, in adittion, to make a better planet.
I haven’t participated in eco organizations, though I try to make a difference where I can. For now, my idea is this year enters in some animal aid organization.
I think most of us have probably never regarded ourselves as being able to do something about our environment, because we think that is the terrain of governments or other people, not us.
Besides, in a population as big as Santiago’s, only by making some simple changes in our lifestyle choices, it can has a huge impact in our society.
We can begin with small things like recycling waste products at home, or look at our trasport choices to reduce the impact on the environment of the carbon emissions, but we still continue believing that we can’t do anything on our own.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Evangelina.

    I would like to comment on some important grammar issues considering we are almost finishing the course:

    In your first paragraph, you should say:

    "I believe taking care of the environment has to do with people´s awareness."

    Also, and very important: Negative form in simple present, say, "We don´t have a garden"

    Additionally, to express a hypothetical situation, you say,

    "If I had a vehicle, I WOULD consider the use of..."


    Finally, you need a pronouns here, that is:

    "... because we think that IT is the terrain of governments or other people, not OURS".

    As we said in class, because of your tardiness, you get a 4,0.

    ReplyDelete