Friday 20 January 2012

The sound of life

The music I hear is mostly Uruguayan music. I love this music because the melodies and the lyrics represent parts of my essence. The music expresses a way of being and a stand in the way of life.
I always enjoy listening to music, when my mp3 was damaged almost died, the city fell silent. Maybe it was good, because I started listening to other “music” on the street.
Besides the music allowed me to meet nice people too, with whom I shared many pleasant evenings with drums and guitars.
I hear music in my house, but now that my mp3 back to life, all spaces are conductive to hear a good song.
I don’t think I have a Favourite Singer or group, vary depending on my mood and living situations. I like the “murgas”, they are parodies of the current situation. People sing and dress, are rehashing a year, creating the lyrics and the costumes. They are great fun at the same time thought provoking. My favorite murga is Agarrate Catalina.
I like music because I can imagine a thousand things possible, leads me to dream and believe. The music allows my mind to rest and my heart smile. The music accompanies me when I mourn yet comfort me.
The music serves to share, to know each other and to let the other know you, is so public and so intimate at once. The music is just wonderful. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Evangelina.

    Some comments:

    Say: "when my mp3 was damaged, I almost died, the city was silent".

    Also, the word you need here "spaces are conductive to hear a good song" is "conducive" and you say, "conducive to hearing".

    And don´t forget the subject. Say: "IT varIES depending on my mood and ..."

    Finally, don´t change the verb tense in a sequence:

    "People sing and dress, are rehashing??? a year, CREATE the lyrics and the costumes."

    2 POINTS

    ReplyDelete